Skip to main content

Crafting seat covers out of table cloths

I can't remember if I talked about this in a prior blog entry or not, but if you need to recover something or you need a sizeable amount of fabric, do NOT go to the fabric store and pay $$ per yard. The easiest, most cost effective, way to go about this is to purchase either a fabric shower curtain or a table cloth and use that. This works because there are so many different styles and designs to choose between and a shower curtain, for instance, gives you over 60" of fabric for less than $25. Target has a great selection of both shower curtains and table cloths.

I had purchased this table cloth from Crate and Barrel's store because I loved the design. I have been using it as a table cloth for a few months but I have found I'm not a table cloth kinda girl. Since I needed to recover the dining room chair seats, I decided to use the table cloth. At least it's not going to waste, right? And I get to use my new staple gun.





Before and after:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

1950's TV Bar Cart Transformation

I found this idea on Pinterest. Some cleaver person took a vintage 1950's tv, gutted it, and transformed it into a bar. What a genius idea! The moment I saw it, I knew I would have to re-create it. Here was the inspiration: First I had to track down a tv. I scoured Craigslist and found someone who was selling one for $25 so I snatched it up. In order to make a "bar" out of a tv, you need to remove all the "guts." Let me tell you now that removing the picture tube (inside of the tv) was a terrifying experience. I had read tutorial after tutorial online regarding the CRT (cathode ray tube). Every single tutorial I read said that if the CRT breaks, it would explode like a bomb sending glass particles everywhere. I.was.terrified. I did not take any pictures of the tv before it was gutted, or of the actual picture tube itself. Why I don't know but here is a stock photo I found online to show you what I was dealing with! It took me literally two w...

Granite!

It's been awhile since I last posted! I suck at this whole blogging business. I haven't been doing many home repairs over the past few months. I've pretty much run out of space in my 1,000 sq foot condo and because of that I can't go out and buy any new furniture pieces to refurbish because I have no where to put them! Anywho - I finally pulled the trigger and bought granite countertops. I figure it's about time. For the past 2 years I've been using a "fake countertop" made out of plyboard! I found an excellent granite dealer out of Manassas. Their name is Natural Stones, Inc. They definitely had the best prices in the area. I purchased the Santa Cecilia Light for $30/sq foot. Everything, including the sink, was only $1,400 for my entire kitchen. And they delivered and installed it within 4 days! Here is a picture of the countertop color. I love it! Next I had to figure out what kind of backsplash I wanted. I bought a few samples from Lowes and Home De...

New Armoire - Check!

I spent this past Saturday doing what I normally do which is take a trip to the Chantilly Habitat for Humanity Re-Store to see what goodies they have. I was looking through the 50% off furniture section when I saw this: I just had to have it! It may not look too good in the picture but trust me when I say it's a sturdy, 6 foot tall, armoire that would have cost around $200 new. So, I bought it for $35.00, took it apart in the store, crammed half of it in my new Versa (I need a bigger car already) and then had Habitat deliver the other half. I decided I wanted it to go in my master bedroom so that I've have a place for the TV aside from on my dresser which blocks the nice, pretty, rather large framed picture I have above it. Since I have the Hemnes bedroom set from Ikea in dark brown/black, I knew I'd have to spray paint this nice armoire. So, I started taking it apart and spray painting it on my now black patio. I will definitely be posting a "how did I resurface my pa...