Sunday, September 25, 2011

Crafting seat covers out of table cloths

I can't remember if I talked about this in a prior blog entry or not, but if you need to recover something or you need a sizeable amount of fabric, do NOT go to the fabric store and pay $$ per yard. The easiest, most cost effective, way to go about this is to purchase either a fabric shower curtain or a table cloth and use that. This works because there are so many different styles and designs to choose between and a shower curtain, for instance, gives you over 60" of fabric for less than $25. Target has a great selection of both shower curtains and table cloths.

I had purchased this table cloth from Crate and Barrel's store because I loved the design. I have been using it as a table cloth for a few months but I have found I'm not a table cloth kinda girl. Since I needed to recover the dining room chair seats, I decided to use the table cloth. At least it's not going to waste, right? And I get to use my new staple gun.





Before and after:

No comments:

Post a Comment