Friday, June 17, 2011

Yes, I'm now one of "those" people

Hiya! Welcome to my wonderful blog. This is a first for me so let's hope I don't mess it up! I never understood people who had blogs and wanted to document their lives but here I am. Only I'm not going to bore you with details about my already pretty dull existence and all of the pretty dull things I do every day at work or whatnot. Instead I'm going to bore you with one of my major passions in this world - renovating houses and designing on a budget!


Growing up my father was a do it yourselfer; if something was broken or my mother needed something built - he was your man. Once HGTV came around that's all they watched - well that and the Food Network. In turn I learned at a young age how to do things such as reupholster (nothing fancy - seat cushions, simple chairs, etc.), sew pretty much anything, make my own custom lampshades and so on and so forth. Over the years I'm managed to turn all my tricks of the trade into an extremely fun and non expensive hobby!


This blog is my attempt to show the world - or just the one or two followers I might have - what I have done or am attempting to do, how I did it, and where I go to find bargains. I don't see any reason for people to pay out the butt for things when you can very easily DIY.

No comments:

Post a Comment