Thursday, August 25, 2011

I love power tools

So the old staple gun I was given by my father finally kicked the bucket. The stupid thing is jammed and I can't figure out what the issue is. Not to mention it was so loud that every time I shot a staple my cat thought a gun shot was going off and bolted under the bed.

Last night I said enough is enough and went to Lowe's and purchased the Arrow Heavy Duty Electric Staple/Nail Gun for $29.95. It's wonderful! And quiet! And electric!



There was a project I was itching to do and I needed a staple gun in order to do it. It also is a brad nailer but only 5/8" nails so I don't know how often that will come in handy as I would use the air compressor nailer to do any type of crown molding/baseboard installing.

Anyways - my project. I have learned two things that are the simplest ways to get more bang for your buck.

1) The first is if you need a large amount of fabric, buy a SHOWER CURTAIN. It's cheap, you get a lot of fabric, and you can find a multitude of different designs. Shower curtains are perfect to recover those old dining room chairs you have (new blog entry maybe)?

2) Buy canvas boards at your local craft store and cover them with fabric. It's cheap AND you have art for your walls. This is where the staple gun comes into play.

I had these canvas prints I knew I wanted to hang on the wall only I didn't know what fabric I wanted to use. When I created the black and white damask table (see prior blog entry) I had a lot of left over fabric so I thought, ok, I'll cover the canvas with the damask fabric and hang that on the walls in the b&w guest bedroom.

The canvas:



The canvas with the new fabric. Very simple to do, line up your fabric so it's even, staple gun it on:



Voila!





Sneak peak - The b&w room is coming along. I just purchased these sheets to go with the decor. To be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment