Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY: Apothecary Jars

I've always loved apothecary jars, especially when placed in the bathroom to hold things like cotton balls. But they are always so expensive! Places like Home Goods sell the jars for anywhere between $5.00 for the smaller ones to over $20.00 for the larger ones. Ridiculous!

So I decided to make my own.

Talk about a cheap project. And so simple too.

First step: Go to the dollar store and purchase candle stick holders and glass jars/vases/glasses. I purchased 3 candle stick holders and 3 pillar candle holder vases.





Second Step: Put glue on the top of the candle stick holder. I used a cement adhesive, which DOES NOT WORK. I found this out a few hours later. I then used Gorilla Glue. That stuff will stick to ANYTHING. It's my go to glue (I even glued down my kitchen transition pieces using Gorilla Glue).


Third Step: Place your pillar candle holder on top of the candle stick holder.


Fourth Step: Let sit and dry overnight.


Fifth Step: Admire your handy work!



Total Cost: $6.00

1 comment: